Student Dress Standards
Student dress can impact classroom atmosphere and behavior. Learning Tree students are expected to willingly and consistently comply with the dress code as outlined in this handbook. Whether a regular school day, or a dress-down day, or for PE, students must always dress in a neat, clean, and modest manner. All clothing must fit appropriately for the age and size of the student. Frayed, faded, or torn items are not allowed. If a student is out of the dress code standards, parents will be contacted to bring the child appropriate clothes.
All school dress needs to be purchased from any of the following vendors:
Educational Outfitters—store or online 423-894-1222. 2271 Gunbarrel Road, Ste. 100B,
Chattanooga, TN www.educationaloutfitters.com
Lands’ End—online or catalog 1-800-469-2222. www.landsend.com/school
French Toast—online or catalog 1-800-373-6248. www.FrenchToast.com
Academy Sports—online or store 706-270-6160. 865 Shugart Rd., Dalton, GA. http://www.academy.com
Walmart—online or store (762) 209-5010. 98 West Walnut Ave, Dalton, GA https://www.walmart.com
Children’s Place—Walnut Square Mall, 816 Walnut Sq Blvd, Dalton, GA (706) 278-0112
- Shirts: Navy blue, burgundy, light yellow, light blue, or white polo shirts—short or long-sleeved, cotton or nylon.
- Undershirts: A plain white turtleneck or T-shirt. Must be tucked in. Sleeves shorter than school shirt.
- Pants and Shorts: Beige/khaki or navy blue cotton. No cargo pockets. Inside pockets only. Modest length.
- Jumpers, Skirts, and Skorts: Beige/khaki, navy blue, or designated plaid jumpers (green, blue, white, with yellow stripe), skirts and skorts allowed. Modest length. Shorts, tights or leggings recommended under skirts and jumpers. When worn under jumpers and skirts, shorts must be shorter than hemline.
- Outerwear: School color fleece or cardigan, or school logo sweatshirt (including Lightning sweatshirts) is the only outerwear students may wear inside the school.
- Shoes: Closed-toe shoes with non-marking soles. Athletic shoes required for P.E. classes.
- Tights/Leggings: Navy blue or white-footed tights. Also allowed are plain, solid-color, ankle-length leggings in white, navy blue, or black.
- Socks: Socks must be either white or dark plain colors.
- Hair: Well-groomed. No extreme styles.
- Jewelry: Not permitted. Medical alert bracelets allowed.
- Cosmetics: Makeup and nail polish must be natural-looking.
Field Trip Dress
Students need to wear either a school logo t-shirt or polo, a school sweatshirt, or a school navy blue fleece or cardigan with beige/khaki pants or shorts on all field trips, unless otherwise directed by the teacher.